Manager, Influencer Communications
Pomelo + Co. is the world’s fastest growing hair care brand. We believe in clean hair care without compromise. Non-toxic, completely vegan and with a focus on natural, cutting-edge ingredients, our products make you look and feel great immediately, while promoting long-term hair health.
Objectives of this Role
- Brand storytelling that is tailored to the audiences we reach through our influencers has the potential to drive orders of magnitude in differences in performances outcomes.
- The successful candidate will be responsible for owning and developing our brand narrative in the influencer channel.
- Engage influencers using a variety of tactics, such as creative storytelling in briefings, ideation and organization of offline events, tailoring brand narratives together with the influencer to serve their communities.
- This role is for the German market.
Daily and Monthly Responsibilities
- Work closely with influencer marketing managers to develop briefings for influencer stories that are aligned with our brand narrative and meet marketing performance objectives.
- Develop a content calendar for the influencer, as well as our owned channels and help teams coordinate and execute on the calendar.
- Identify and execute on opportunities to engage influencers outside of promotional campaigns, such as offline events, influencer travel or meet & greets with the objective to strengthen our relationships and drive incremental performance.
- Maintain and evolve brand message and message hierarchy and turn into marketing-ready ad copy on a daily basis.
Skills and Qualifications
- Ability to persuade through storytelling, and build alliances across teams to generate strong buy-in
- Bachelor of Arts/Writing preferred.
- Exceptional verbal, written, and visual communication skills.
- Minimum 5 years of professional experience.
- Ability to balance attention to detail and rapid execution.
- Sense of ownership: You take responsibility for your teams’ projects and pride in your work.
- You are a font of ideas for stories and have a knack for good storytelling.
- Have experience working in influencer agency or a creative agency, or other creative field
- Proven experience in production/writing
- Nice-to-have: You have your own Instagram audience that you engage on a regular basis with creative content.
- You have the ability to connect storytelling with actionable data to show how storytelling drives performance
- You think in solutions instead of problems.
- You are a quick learner who is able to demonstrate that you have a methodical approach to your work.
- You are comfortable working in a fast-paced, early stage start-up environment where tools need to be built and initiatives get frequently challenged according to new priorities that might come up.
- Location: New York or Berlin
If you are applying for the US, a work authorization now and in the future is required. Please do not apply if you are not eligible to work for a US-based employer now and in the future.
- If you are applying for Berlin, a work authorization now and in the future is required. Please do not apply if you are not eligible to work for a Germany-based employer now and in the future.
- German or French or Italian language skills a benefit, not required. Fluency in English required.
- BA or equivalent
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Pro-active and hands-on attitude
Nice-to-have: Proven passion for DTC brands, social media and Instagram in particular
Nice-to-have: Proven experience working with Shopify
- Fun, fast-paced startup environment located in New York or Berlin
- Opportunity to help shape the company and products
- International, motivated team with flat hierarchies
- Attractive opportunities for growth
- No face-time culture - results are what matter!
We look forward to meeting you!